Y. Kevin Ni
Kevin’s practice focuses on preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications in nearly all chemical fields, including pharmaceutical drugs, drug delivery methods, organic nutrients, polymers, nanomaterials, electrochemical batteries, bio-energies, and diagnosis and treatment of various disorders.
Prior to joining Cesari and McKenna, Kevin worked at the California Institute of Technology as a postdoctoral scholar focusing on organocatalysis and organic synthesis, and later worked at Wyeth/Pfizer and Celgene as a medicinal chemist with an emphasis on oncology, inflammation, immunology, and the central nervous system.
Kevin is a co-author of more than ten peer-reviewed scientific articles published in journals including Journal of the American Chemical Society, Organic Letters, and Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. During his time in the pharmaceutical industry, Kevin was named as a co-inventor in patent applications for eight inventions, e.g., "Aryl and heteroaryl fused imidazo[1,5-a]pyrazines as inhibitors of phosphodiesterase 10," "Imidazo[5,1-c][1,2,4]benzotriazine derivatives as inhibitors of phosphodiesterases," and "MK2 inhibitors and uses thereof." At Pfizer, Kevin obtained his license to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office and assisted in-house patent counsel in preparing and prosecuting patent applications.
- Ni, Y.; Gopalsamy, A.; Cole, D.; Hu, Y.; Telliez, J.‐B.; Lin, L.‐L. “Identification and SAR of a new series of thieno[3,2‐d]pyrimidines as Tpl2 kinase inhibitors” Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 2011, 21, 5952
- Ni, Y.; Kassab, R. N.; Chevliakov, M. V.; Montgomery, J. “Total Syntheses of Isodomoic Acids G and H: An Exercise in Tetrasubstituted Alkene Synthesis” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 17714
- Ni, Y.; Montgomery, J. “Synthetic Studies and Mechanistic Insight in Nickel‐Catalyzed [4+2+1] Cycloadditions” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 2609
- Ni, Y.; Montgomery, J. “An Efficient [4 + 2 + 1] Entry to Seven‐Membered Rings” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2004, 126, 11162
- Ni, Y.; Amarasinghe, K. K. D.; Ksebati, B.; Montgomery, J. “First Total Synthesis and Stereochemical Definition of Isodomoic Acid G” Org. Lett. 2003, 5, 3771
- Ni, Y.; Amarasinghe, K. K. D.; Montgomery, J. “Nickel‐Catalyzed Cyclizations and Couplings with Vinylzirconium Reagents.” Org. Lett. 2002, 4, 1743
- Ni, Y.; Zhao, G.; Ding, Y. “A novel approach to the enantioselective formal synthesis of pumiliotoxin 251D” J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 1. 2000, 3264