Anthony C. Topper
Anthony is a patent attorney with the firm. He focuses on patent drafting and prosecution in the U.S. and foreign countries, as well as on inter partes and ex parte reexamination proceedings involving complex prior art. With 20 years experience in industry, Anthony also helps clients as a consulting expert in patent litigation and infringement investigations.
Anthony has worked as a software architect for leading companies and organizations such as Netapp, Inc. (storage software), JPL/NASA (robotics software), Mercury Systems, Inc. (distributed computing for defense systems and medial imaging), and Hydro-Quebec (robotics software) among others, as well as served on various industry standards committees (IETF, InfiniBand, RDMAC, DAPL).
As a former startup founder (Robosoft, Inc.), Anthony also has an appreciation for the challenges facing emerging companies.
- Cyber Security
- Computer hardware, software, networks
- Internet technologies
- Storage technologies
- Analog and digital circuitry
- Control Systems
- RFID technology
- Medical devices
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (and Computer Society) since 1988
- Association of Computing Machinery since 1992
- American Intellectual Property Law Association since 2005
- American Bar Association
- Boston Patent Law Association